|Salary:||£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum|
High profile law firm looking for a forward thinking Commercial Accountant on a permanent basis. In this role, you will work with the business to identify and help drive improvements of financial performance across a broad range of practice areas, working closely with other members of the Commercial Finance team.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Providing financial reporting, detailed analysis and insight to assist in commercial decision making.
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process and ongoing forecasting exercises.
- Providing high quality, reliable, and timely analysis
- Assisting in the maintenance of data in key internal systems and ensure data is reviewed and reconciled as required
- Ensuring key data in budgeting and practice management systems are maintained accurately.
- Assisting with development of a cost accounting system to aid profitability analysis.
- Undertaking profitability analysis at client, matter, work-type, Partner and fee-earner level.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis and tasks will be required in addition to BAU responsibilities.
- Improving overall understanding of financial KPI's and performance across the business.
- Assisting with the preparation of other key reports on financials and performance, highlighting required business interventions
- Collaborating with the business to support with recruitment plans, forecasting headcount for budgets and targets, capacity management, salary and bonus reviews, space planning, promotions and ad-hoc reviews of teams and individuals.
- Assisting the Business Development team with regular client reporting, pitches and cross working revenue analyses.
For this role, you will need to be ACCA/ACA or CIMA qualified and have experience working in a Commercial Finance role, finance analysts and commercially minded Management Accountants will also be considered. Law firm background not essential but desirable. Good excel skills are really important for this role as well as someone who is happy to support with management accounts prep.