Associate Director - Legal Finance & Accounting
NEWLY created Client Commercial Finance Manager position available at leading global law firm. This role would suit someone who is an experience Finance Business Partner who is comfortable and confident dealing with senior stakeholders who want to have a very involved/ hands on role.
The client dedicated Commercial Finance Manager will be accountable for the general oversight and smooth running of all strategic and operational financial elements of this client's global annual retainer structure. Acting as a finance business partner with the Client Relationship Partners, key budget holders, the client service delivery team, and other key stakeholders.
This role will report directly into the Head of Commercial Finance who is a very friendly and supportive manager and will work in a wider team of commercial finance experts who are all high performing and dynamic.
- Complete day to day working knowledge of all key budget areas facilitated through regular contact with key budget holders, ensuring budgets are monitored and advance action is taken where necessary to correct variances.
- Providing key performance and forecast information on the account throughout the year to the key stakeholders.
- Managing and overseeing annual retainer negotiation processes, analysis, and strategy.
- With a continuous improvement mindset working with the operational analyst, service transformation teams, systems and reporting teams, and others in the business to find new and better ways of handling the vast data flow and stakeholder relationships.
This role would suit someone who has:
- Commercial and financial experience preferably within a law firm
- Good commercial acumen and exceptional analysis and financial modelling skills
- Experience of handling project budgets and forecasting.
- Capable of easily translating and summarising financial information.
- Track record in project management, preferably within a law firm
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Able to build strong trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the dotted line management of, and development of the dedicated Finance Operations Analyst.
- Will need to be comfortable managing very senior stakeholders and having the gravitas to influence
- Confident manner with excellent communication skills
- Will need to be able to be in the London office 2-3 days a week as this is where the Senior Partner is who is the key client partner on this account.
- Law firm background is essential for this role
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend