Client and Office Legal Cashier
Wonderful opportunity to join a team of legal cashiers at Top Law firm on an 18 month FTC basis. The role is a mix of client and office cashiering using Aderant and is due to an increased workload within the firm.
Key duties include:
- Allocating and posting of all client funds receipts received via online banking (RBS Bankline).
- Treasury, designated & joint deposits, including maintaining diary.
- Payments out of all client funds - including foreign currency transactions and client to client transfers.
- Transfer of client funds against outstanding bills.
- Interest calculations, both manual and automatic.
- Assist dealing with residual balances.
- Liaising with our bank, dealing with any queries.
- Reconciling counsel fees notes and adding new fees to the disbursement ledger
- Setting up new suppliers for professional disbursements and posting invoices
- Daily payment of counsel/professional fees as well as ad hoc payments
- Dealing with receipts into the office account
- Monitoring and maintaining direct debit accounts held for various charges such as property searches, firm credit cards
- Ad-hoc projects
- Dealing promptly with ad hoc queries presented by Partners, Associates and Secretaries/PA's.
- Maintaining shared mailboxes ensuring everything is picked up in a timely manner
This role would suit a very experienced legal cashier who has strong working knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and has used either Aderant or Elite. Big firm background preferred due to such high volumes of work. Must be experienced in both client and office accounts.