Business Development Manager - Competition
|Specialisation:||BD, Marketing & Communications|
We are delighted to be working with a well known Global Law firm to support them on a Business Development Manager hire in their Competition, EU and Trade team. This role is permanent and will be based in their London office.
The purpose of this role is to deliver business development and marketing operations and plans for the EU, Competition & Trade Practice Group in London. Co-ordinating the BDM function's office resources to develop a strategic focused, market-leading BDM business-partnering capability which enables the Practice Group in London to win, retain and grow business through consistently high standards, engaging thought leadership as well as strong relationship and account management.
- Lead on the design and execution of BDM plans for the Practice Group which consists of two key sub-groups: (1) Antitrust & Competition (2) International Trade.
- Bringing in BDM Expert and End-to-End functions as required (these functions include central marketing, directories, proposals, key client management, data analytics, market research, events and design teams)
- Pro-actively drive forward priorities such as practice-driven strategic initiatives, client targeting; client events, client listening, thought-leadership, proposals and a range of other BDMC projects across the practice group as required
- Work with Partners and fee earners to ensure their BDM requirements are strategically brainstormed, developed, implemented and communicated to other parts of the BDM function; collaborate with Expert functions to challenge requests where commercially prudent, e.g. pitch go/no go decisions
- Good experience in a marketing and/or business development role, preferably in a professional services environment
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and developing relationships with them
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications
- Knowledge of Antitrust & Competition, International Trade or broader compliance & investigations work is desirable but not essential
If this role is of interest then please apply ASAP.