Associate Director - Legal Finance & Accounting
NEWLY created Business Analyst (Finance) role now available in leading global law firm. The team of Business Analyst sit within the broader Finance Systems function and as the Business Analyst you will act as a business partner with two major aims: delivering change and ensuring continuity.
- Contribute to or manage ad hoc Finance or Finance-affected projects outlined by business or Finance management, working from initial ideation through requirements gathering to proposal, design and delivery.
- Partner with teams throughout the global Finance function and other support departments to understand business needs with aim of improving accuracy, efficiency and controls
- Contribute to the opening/set up of new operations in the firms network and restructuring of existing business units
- Support & train finance and other personnel globally on specialist subjects
- Participate in practice management system upgrade projects, including testing, training and documentation
- Write software test plans, carry out methodical testing and document results
- Work with Information Delivery team to guide the direction of internal and external reporting
- Develop in-depth functional and operational knowledge of Finance systems and policies to provide subject matter expertise to stakeholders across the business
- Research and understand current and future accounting and tax requirements in jurisdictions around the world and be able to interpret these into practical procedures and system processes
- Steward practice management system configurations, which determine how transactions post to general and subledgers and ensure integrity of data used for management reporting
- Understand the budget, month-end & year-end management/financial accounts preparation process to be able to support the Group Reporting Team
This role would suit an experience Finance Business Analyst that has strong accounting knowledge (an accountancy qualification would be hugely desirable). There will be lots of liaison with the global finance teams as one of the areas of finance you will cover will be Indirect Tax (not tax knowledge is required as they have a large tax team internally for the technical work).
Hybrid working 60% office based.
Professional services background preferred.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend