Consultant - Legal Finance & Accounting
An international law firm are looking for a billing manager to head up their London based Billing team. The role involves having 13 direct reports and the role reports directly into the finance director.
The role includes:
- Conducting half-year & annual appraisals for team members and providing guidance and support to members of the team.
- Training and mentoring the team to develop areas of expertise.
- Management and supervision of the team members and their work in the London office to ensure timely and accurate preparation of bills.
- Performance management and ongoing development of the team by improving technical and soft skills.
- Making sure members of the team are providing cover for holiday and other absences so high level of service is always provided across all departments.
- An overview on billing process with recommendations on efficiency changes.
- Document and implement new processes around e-billing.
- Implement standard process for WIP management.
- Sorting new training for new starters, existing billing coordinators and internal clients across all practice groups.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous knowledge of e-billing platforms.
- 5 -10 years in a senior billing/supervisor or management role within a law firm.
- Previous working knowledge of aderant is preferable.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work produced.
- Proven ability to use own initiative and proactive attitude.
- Good knowledge of excel and working knowledge of other MS packages.
- Great SRA and VAT knowledge.
If this role matches your experience well then please don't hesitate to apply above.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend