Audit Technical Senior Manager - Not For Profit
Looking to reduce your travel or want a better work life balance while still utilising your audit experience?
I am currently working with a Top 10 firm that is looking for a Audit Technical Manager or Senior Manager in their Not For Profit team.
The NFP department predominantly consist of charities, social housing and higher education clients and for this role you will mainly be focused on higher education. The role has come about due to growth. The higher education team has doubled in size over the last 3 years and they are close to becoming the leading team in the UK.
The role will mainly be based in the office, or from home is that is what you prefer and occasionally you may be required to support the audit team at a client however this is not usually necessary.
The role of the technical team is to provide support to the client-facing specialists in audit/assurance and other business streams. From helping the team with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, you will have an integral role in supporting those teams.
The role will give you the opportunity to use and develop your technical skills and experience,.
- You will be working with key Managers, Directors and Partners within both technical team and the NFP sector audit stream to maintain an open and constructive environment in which to provide technical support and advice.
- Carry out a role within technical team with a view to bringing technical expertise to the NFP business and bringing experience from the NFP business to technical team
You will support the NFP Technical Director and other members of the team, ultimately reporting to the head of the technical team and will be responsible for the following:
- Audit methodology: part of a small team providing advice and ensuring compliance with ISAs and the firm's audit methodology for NFP audits including:
- Responding to audit methodology queries from audit staff at all levels
- Ad hoc methodology related assignments including writing and updating guidance material
- Development and delivery of audit methodology training content
- Provision of support for the development and delivery of 'group learning sessions' which are led by partners and managers in the NFP audit stream
- Carrying out file reviews for the purposes of internal quality control or testing.
- Experience with the Higher Education sector
- Experience with Charities, Social Housing would be beneficial
- ACA ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA or equivalent qualified
- Be an expert when it comes to UK auditing standards
- An awareness of the regulatory requirements in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or Ireland is beneficial but not essential
- As this role will involve training and coaching peers and will involve reviews of audit files for quality control and testing purposes, experience as audit manager is essential
- Wide-ranging practical experience regarding application of ISAs and audit methodology is essential; experience in IT auditing techniques would be an added advantage
- Experience of training design, development and delivery
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend