Audit Semi-Senior - Corporate Finance Exposure
|Specialisation:||Tax & Audit|
|Salary:||£41000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
Audit Semi-Senior - Includes exposure to listed clients and CF
I am currently working with a fantastic firm that are looking to hire an Audit Semi-Senior due to the continued growth of the firm.
The firm can be best described as big enough that you can get exposure to (a growing number of) listed clients and small enough to give you exposure into other areas such as corporate finance (which will make up around 20% of your role).
As an semi-senior you will have the opportunity to lead audit as well as assist on some of the bigger and more complex audits. Initially you will have the opportunity to work across multiple sectors but as you progress you will be able to specialise in the sectors that most interest you.
The firm are able to offer a great work life balance and should you ever have to work longer you can get that back with time off in lieu (TOIL). None of this will affect your chances of progression with the majority of partners having trained at the firm, some becoming partner within 10 years!
- Carry out and provide high quality audit services using our bespoke risk-based audit approach
- Act as the senior on audits reporting directly to manager. The individual will be responsible for the planning of the audit file right through to the completion sections including drafting the financial statements, the management letter and the letter of representation
- Responsible for managing a team of up to five staff. You will supervise, brief and effectively delegate work to less experienced members of the audit team
- Communicate with the audit manager regularly on the audit and make recommendations to them on how our clients can improve their accounting systems and controls
- Appraise other members of the team following completion of the jobs worked on
- ACA or ACCA part qualified
- Experience leading audits from start to finish
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS102
- Working knowledge of IFRS would be an advantage
- Experience of CaseWare would be an advantage