Managing Consultant - Public Practice
Audit Manager - Financial Services - London
I am currently working with a Top 10 audit firm who are looking to hire a Financial Services Audit Manager.
The firm can offer you a unique blend of clients along with a good work life balance, even during busy season. Clients include private equity, hedge funds, investment managers, IFAs, consumer lenders, currency traders and investment firms.
There is very much a people-focused culture where new ideas and innovation are valued. You will receive excellent support and development throughout your career and this is highlighted by current staff members who are progressed throughout the ranks.
The firm also recognise the importance of offering flexible working so are happy to work around any requirements you have and allow their staff to work from home.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified accountant, Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in investment funds and previous experience in this sector is a pre requisite for consideration.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client's management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is (highly desirable).
- ACA ICAEW, ACCA or ICAS qualified or equivalent .
- Experience with asset and wealthmanagement/funds clients
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend