Assistant Revenue Controller - Manchester
Are you based in Manchester with legal finance experience looking for a new challenge?
A great opportunity has arisen to join a top law firm in their Revenue function taking on the WIP/ Revenue piece with a lot of autonomy to have your own portfolio of partners that you would have WIP meetings with.
As the Assistant Revenue Controller you will be responsible for:
- Schedule meetings with partners in the group to ensure WIP is effectively managed and the group's revenue targets are met.
- Attendance at practice group meetings to ensure working capital management is firmly placed on the agenda.
- Regular review of WIP balances with partners and lawyers for billing (including circulation of regular reports) and troubleshoot any problematic issues with the Revenue team and Business Manager.
- Ensure that WIP over 6 months old is proactively managed and where necessary written down to an appropriate value in accordance with the firms write off policy
- Proactively manage unbilled disbursements particularly on matters where part or all of the balance is over six months old and on matters where there is no WIP.
- As and when required to liaise with the Group Credit Controller to assist with the collection of problem debts.
- During month end and any particular busy period, assist the billing team with bill processing.
Previous law firm background is essential for this role with a sound understanding of the billing cycle. They are happy to train on the partner meetings/WIP reporting side as well as train on their PMS, Aderant.