Assistant Group Accountant
Ambition is representing a leading international Law Firm who are currently looking for an ambitious Assistant Group Accountant to join the firms strong global presence and reputation in providing an excellent service. As an Assistant Group Accountant, you will have the opportunity to support the head office in achieving its goals and will be an integral member within the FP&A team. The group is responsible for the financial management of the international offices and statutory financial reporting, and the London head office team are also responsible for the FP&A and Treasury management across the firm.
Corporate responsibility is an important part of this firms culture and they are committed to creating a diverse & inclusive working environment, so that all their employees are able to reach their full potential.
As the Assistant Group Accountant some of your responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Group Finance Manager in working closely with International Office Finance Managers and the FP&A team to ensure consistent application of accounting policies and practices across the firm.
- Potential international travels to other offices if cover is required. This could include monthly management accounts postings to general ledger and preparation of month-end accounts.
- Responsible for overseeing monthly management accounts submissions by all offices.
- Reviewing office P&Ls, office balance sheet composition and reconciliation schedules.
- Assisting the Group Finance Manager in respect of monthly bank reconciliation reviews.
- Ensuring consistency of posting treatment in the General Ledger throughout the firm.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager in the review of budgeted overheads during the annual budget process and co-ordinate required amendments with International Office Finance Managers.
- Hands-on entry of budget information during the annual budget process where required.
- Working with internal audit where their fieldwork identifies areas of weakness that could be addressed via improved controls and practices at an operational level, and helping to implement such improvements where it is appropriate for these be driven by the FP&A Team.
- Assisting with the co-ordination and delivery of information requested by the firm's external auditors.
- Assisting the Group Finance Manager to proactively establish where improvements to financial processes and policies are required through review, investigation and proposal of practical solutions.
- Providing general ledger ad hoc reporting and analysis when required.
To be successful in this Assistant Group Accountant position, some of the requirements include:
- Currently studying/PQ in an accounting qualification
- Finance experience within the legal sector or professional services
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Ability to build a good rapport and add value to internal clients
If you fit the Assistant Group Accountant description above and are interested in a new challenge, please apply with your updated CV.