Consultant - Audit & Accounts
You will work on a mixed client base with turnovers up to £10m in sectors such as property & construction and technology.
Your role will include:
- Carrying out accounting assignments and being responsible for every aspect of the file, from planning through to completion
- Being the first point of contact for day to day interaction with clients with regard to analysing their management accounts and data to help them make real time management decisions.
- Working closely with senior colleagues, assisting them with the submission of final accounts and tax computations within reporting and client deadlines
- Supporting senior colleagues in finalising and presenting accounts and outsourcing information packages to clients, as well as liaising with clients directly
- Obtaining an in depth knowledge of our clients businesses and their business needs, introducing other service lines, as appropriate, to assist in their growth and development.
- Managing a team of juniors and semi seniors, being accountable for their work and providing constructive feedback as you support them through their accountancy qualification
- Working closely with senior colleagues on delivering outsourcing assignments periodically in a live cloud based financial environment
There's early responsibility with plenty of client contact and freedom to manage how you work.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone who…
- Is an accountant with experience in an accountancy practice
- Has worked on numerous assignments across a variety of industries.
- Has completed their professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA) or whose experience demonstrates their ability to thrive within the role.
- Is technically competent across all areas of the accounts file
- Is proactive in developing their knowledge through their own independent research, using internal and external resources
The role is particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that the firm thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients' lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend