This is an exciting opportunity for a part-qualified at semi senior level to join our Business Services team providing accounts and outsourcing services to clients. The role requires previous experience within accounting and bookkeeping, whilst studying for your accountancy qualification.
You will work on a mixed client base with turnovers up to £10m
Your role will include:
- Preparation of management accounts and VAT returns and reporting periodically to clients on these figures in a live cloud based financial environment
- Using current technology to streamline the bookkeeping process to spend more time analysing data with clients to enable them to make real time business decisions.
- Reviewing and supervising the work of trainees and overseeing bookkeeping and VAT return preparation
- Preparation of year-end accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships, together with associated tax compliance work
- Liaising with colleagues in the personal tax compliance team about information arising from the accounts which affects business owners' personal tax returns
- Delivering client work to meet monthly and annual reporting deadlines
- Completing all aspects of the file as assigned
- Involvement in planning and completion under supervision of senior colleagues
There's early responsibility with plenty of client contact and freedom to manage how you work.
We will support you through your accountancy qualification. All training will be provided on an apprenticeship scheme.
What we're looking for
You will have experience as a trainee accountant or equivalent in an accountancy practice and will have worked on numerous accounting assignments. You are progressing through your accountancy qualification.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend