|Location:||London, Greater London, England|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting Tax & Audit|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
Ambition is working with well-regarded, independent accountancy firm in North London who are currently seeking a Accounts Manager to join their team.
The firm is an independent accountancy practice established over 25 years ago and has thrived by building on a foundation of providing a high-quality service and genuine care to their clientele. The firm provides a full suite of accountancy services and has grown through its reputation without the need for advertising. Offices are in North London easily accessible by public transport and car for those people commuting from Essex, Herts, Enfield and around London. Office and remote working are in effect.
As a general practice Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for working on your own portfolio as well as managing staff and workflow. There are a wide variety of clients and the role with touch on all aspects of the services provided but the firm. The role works closely with Seniors' and Partners' and provides career development and progression. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee the operations of the Audit and Accounts department including managing junior colleagues and ACA trainees
- Work in a general practice role, utilising accounts, payroll, tax, supervisory and advisory skills
- Assist the Partners in assigning workloads and review the work of other team members
- Maintain client bookkeeping, prepare accounts, VAT Returns and management information
- Dealing with Companies House and HMRC including appeals on behalf of clients
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the firm.
- Ideally capable of processing monthly payroll and supervising a payroll assistant for some of the payrolls.
- Working to tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities.
As Accounts Manager, candidates will need to be fully ACA / ICAEW qualified in and will have extensive practical working knowledge within a chartered accountancy firm in a varied role. Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must be totally responsible and pro-active for meeting deadlines, chasing clients and have a good rapport with clients and staff.
- An in-depth working knowledge of QuickBooks Online or Xero is preferred.
- Able to commute easily to North London
What's on Offer
This is a chance to join a firm in a pivotal role that works closely with the Partners, acting as their deputy managing staff to deliver services for clients. The firm will support flexible working and provide a breadth/variety of work.
If this sounds of interest, then please apply directly or call Jonathan on 020 7430 7273.