Accounts & Outsourcing Manager
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000 per annum|
Ambition is delighted to be working exclusively for a dynamic, mid-tier accountancy firm who are currently seeking an Accounts & Outsourcing Manager to join their team in Hertfordshire. As the team is constantly developing, the position offers excellent opportunity for personal development and career progression, as well holding one of the most high-profile positions in the firm.
This well-established, progressive, mid-tier firm has gone from strength-to-strength and provides a full range of services including Audit, Accounts and Tax. The firm has an excellent reputation for servicing small to medium business with a covering a broad range of industries. The firm prides itself on staff welfare have introduced both home and office-based working into all staff contracts - the office is based in Hertfordshire with parking available and easy access to various public transport links.
As an Accounts & Outsourcing Manager you will be working with a team that provides a full spectrum of accounting services including statutory and management accounts, bookkeeping and VAT. The role will also assume responsibility for to day-to-day management of the team in addition to running a personal portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing senior and some junior staff - planning, delegation and reviewing of work, training and development of the team including end of year appraisals, recruitment and selection
- Take ownership for a portfolio of clients and provide bookkeeping, VAT, management and year end accounts, with extensive client interaction
- Dealing with clients' basic tax affairs
- Identify opportunities to refine existing departmental procedures to deliver better quality service.
- Working closely with Partners and leadership team on firm wide initiatives and ad hoc projects
- The role could also include some networking and business development
- Keeping up to date technically and with changes in legislation
As an Accounts and Outsourcing Manager, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in accounts preparation, bookkeeping and VAT work while being ACCA or ACA qualified (or equivalent by experience).
Essential requirements include:
- Demonstrates strong commercial and technical ability in accounting standards, VAT and tax matters.
- Previous team management experience with proven track record of developing staff
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, Partners, and clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to organise self and others, manage deadlines and prioritise tasks ensuring that key performance indicators are met.
- Ability to use computerised accounts software, including Sage, Xero and QuickBooks.
- Prior experience using CCH software packages.
What's on Offer
This is the chance to join a forward-thinking firm, assume a key position in the firm, push your career forward, can offer a highly competitive package and all without having to into London!! Do not miss the opportunity if you are an ambitious person and want to work in leafy Hertfordshire.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply directly, call Timo Turnley or Jonathan Cohen on 020 7430 7263.