Accountant / Partnership Accountant
Opportunity to join leading law firm in their finance & accounting team covering maternity leave for their Junior Partnership Accountant with the potential to go permanent as the team is growing. They are open to a strong junior accountant, ideally with some partnership accounts experience, otherwise happy to consider broader accountants who have experience working for a law firm or partnership.
As the Junior Partnership Accountant you will be responsible for:
- To ensure that partner accounting records and current accounts are maintained to the highest standards
- To ensure that the partner accounting procedures are adhered to across the network
- To prepare annual cash flow statements for individual partners globally and at Firm level
- To prepare and reconcile monthly drawings payments and other partner payments along with internal recharges of expenses to Partners
- To assist in the provision of budget and actual profit sharing information to the management accounts team
- To assist in creating appropriate models for various distribution scenarios / forecasts
- To assist in producing current account statements for statutory purposes and for partners in the relevant currency and reconcile these to the non-ledger records where relevant
- Assist in the review of foreign exchange relating to partner payments on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts for partners.
- Involvement with partner capital arrangements
- Working closely with the Financial Accountants team on any reporting requirements
- Maintain global partner data base which contains fixed and variable data including partner remuneration
- Involvement with International Mobility Team on partner secondments
- Assist in the monitoring of partner related overhead accounts against budget and provision of regular variance analysis ;
They are looking for someone who is studying towards an accountancy qualification but does not need to be fully qualified. (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
This is an urgent role and will need someone readily available (1 months' notice period maximum that can be considered) . The role is London based but once they phase back into the office, they are looking at 3 days in the office and 2 from home.