Working Capitial Controller
A top London law firm is looking for a Working capital Controller on a 12-month fixed term contract
You will be part of the Finance Operations Team working proactively with fee-earners to manage WIP and maximize cash receipts on a monthly basis. Also, you will liaise closely with the Cashiers team on billing and debt collection issues.
This is a fantastic opportunity to deepen your experience and knowledge of credit control in a firm with an outstanding reputation
- Meeting with Partners on a timely basis to agree on a strategy to maximize debt collection
- Reporting on progress of collection of > 90-day debt to Finance Committee Group on fortnightly basis;
- Supporting the FOM on the determination of Monthly debt collection targets;
- The proactive chasing of slow paying external clients;
- Proactive contact with clients by telephone, email and via automated letters and statements
- Keeping full account of every action taken to collect debts on the firm's practice management system;
- Dealing with complex credit control related queries (including credit note issues)
- Overseeing use of collection workflow and recommending improvements and enhancements;
- Liaising with the firm's litigation department on debt recovery issues;
- Assisting with pro forma and bill production at month ends;
- Complete the cash flow and weekly receipts report;
- Assist with the completion of a weekly Client exposure report;
- Release Barclays Bank payments using Barclays.net on a rota basis;
- Passing bad debt to an external debt recovery agency
- Experience of Credit control within professional services or legal environment necessary
- Knowledge of Elite 3E (Desirable)
- Strong knowledge of VAT regulations and potential issues.
- Enthusiastic and personable attitude, able to communicate clearly and concisely
If this role is of interest, please apply today!