Working Capital Manager
An international law firm are in search of a Working Capital Senior Manager. Positioned in the Finance Department, the Working Capital Senior Manager will oversee a reputable team and grow and establish finance contacts with key clients through liaising with senior members and stakeholders.
- Be an active member of the London Senior Finance Management team; participate in setting the strategy for the function, operational decision making and influencing discussions.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance in the Shared Service Centre in relation to billing / e-billing and credit control to ensure that the London office, its partners and clients receive a high quality service.
- Identify and jointly develop solutions for possible service enhancements to reduce lock up days.
- Ensure the London team is meeting and participating in Group objectives, initiatives, upholding best practice and acting as leader in their areas. Look for opportunities to improve and instil the Firm's values in the team.
- Provide strong leadership, have full responsibility for the development and performance of the Working Capital team in London
- Supervise the development of the monthly billing forecast prepared by Working Capital Managers.
- Oversee and monitor the effectiveness of client billing, unticked bills, collection and volume discount processes and initiate improvements to enhance the quality of service.
- Review billing write offs and ensure any material amounts are brought to the attention of the UK CFO.
- Review unbilled disbursements account balances and disbursements written off on a monthly basis and investigate any significant movements.
- Review monthly bad debt provision and agree next steps in advance of ledger close to ensure it is appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with finance contacts at key clients to ensure prompt and efficient processing of the firms bills and collection of cash.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to challenge and influence partners
- Exceptional analytical and numeracy skills
- Proficient at IT and of Elite 3E
You are required to have 5 years of managerial experience with at least 3 years Working Capital experience; a university degree or equivalent and Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience. You must be willing to travel domestic.
If you are interested in the role, please apply today!