VAT Manager/Senior Manager
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£70000- £85000 per annum|
VAT Manager/Senior Manager - London
A strong performing accountancy practice is currently in need of an experienced VAT Manager or Senior Manager due to the growth of their VAT team. Reporting directly to the VAT Partner, you will in the position to effectively and promptly provide sound advice to clients in all areas of VAT, be a key figure in the VAT team and continue to develop in order to progress to the level of Associate Partner.
A competitive salary and excellent career progression will be provided for the right candidate.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Advising clients on VAT requirements at the appropriate level based on experience, knowledge and competency
- Act as a central figure for the VAT team, ensuring delivery of the team's work so work is completed within a specific timeframe
- Manage and drive growth the VAT team, provide practical advice to and develop junior team members
- Ensure "risk to wrong advice" has been managed and evidenced where appropriate
- Act as the right hand person to the VAT partner, making sure you are available and ready to push delegated work to completion
- Delegate appropriate work to more junior team members
- Build relationships with the Associate Partners, with the purpose of leveraging VAT advisory work and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Prepare technical updates to be circulated to all staff
- You will have over 5 years' of working experience within a practice environment, focusing on VAT/Indirect Tax
- Experience of advising OMB's on VAT matters
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience
- Ideally experience of networking, business development and article writing
- You will be commercially aware, have strong written communication and letter writing skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Good analytical skills and judgement
If you are keen to secure a progressive VAT Manager/Senior Manager role within a stong performing accountancy practice, please apply with your updated CV.