Senior Technical Manager (within audit)
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£65000 - £80000 per annum|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a top 10 accountancy firm seeking senior audit managers/experienced audit managers with solid experience who want to move into a technical role. This is a great opportunity to stay within the audit profession without having to work to tight reporting deadlines and busy year ends.
Purpose of role:
- To provide UK GAAP, IFRS and audit technical support and training to the audit and business services departments
- To develop and implement audit methodology, anticipate and research technical issues and assist in quality control and developing the firm's external technical profile.
Financial reporting compliance -
- To provide guidance on compliance with UK GAAP and IFRS through the operation of a technical enquiries service.
- To perform technical reviews of audited accounts in accordance with the department's policies.
Audit process and procedures -
- To maintain, develop and implement the firm's audit methodology, ensuring that it complies with current best practice and regulations.
- To review the operation of processes and procedures in practice to identify possible refinements.
- To ensure that the methodology is applied efficiently and consistently in all offices.
- To assist in co-ordinating and performing regular reviews of specific compliance areas.
- To assist in annual quality control reviews as appropriate.
Additional coverage -
- To provide training on financial reporting and audit-related matters on internal courses.
- To assist in the writing of articles and marketing material for external publications and the firm's website, and support for external seminars.
- To monitor emerging issues and keep staff advised of developments.
- To develop our technical resource base through the library and electronic sources.
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA) and be either a senior audit manager or an experience audit manager wanting to move into a technical role
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and auditing standards and their application.
- Some practical experience of either developing or introducing new procedures.
- Presentation skills - ranging from small groups to larger audiences.
- Project management and experience of getting things implemented in practice.
- Good drafting skills.
- Managing more junior members of staff.
If interested, please apply with an updated CV.