Tax Assistant Manager - Personal Tax
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
We are currently seeking an experienced assistant tax manager/tax senior with personal tax experience to join a top 20 accountancy firm.
- Managing a portfolio, consisting of a mix of clients with multiple sources of earned and investment income
- A key point of contact for the client
- Dealing with larger partnerships and high net worth individuals
- Dealing with a wide range of capital gains tax issues
- Ability to produce work to a high standard, to be reviewed on an exception basis
- Responsible for managing other members of the team and mentoring junior members of staff including reviewing their work
- Reporting on tax and other implications of incorporation of partnerships either as limited companies or limited liability partnerships.
- Experience in Self Assessment and preparation of tax computations.
- Experience of report writing and ad hoc advisory work.
- Advising with regards to EIS and SEIS
- Knowledge of international tax principles such as transfer pricing and mechanics of double tax relief and operation of tax treaties
- Planning for mitigation of Inheritance Tax including use of trusts and tax affect of lifetime transfers
- Dealing with enquiries into all aspects of direct taxation including experience of settlement and penalty negotiations
The candidate should have experience in advising on a wide range of tax issues which should ideally include:
- Private clients and proprietors of OMB`s (Partnerships and Companies)
- Non Dom and non resident clients
- UK based HNWI
- Property owning clients using corporate vehicles and trusts
- ATT/CTA Qualified or studying for CTA
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and presentation.
- Good understanding of personal taxation issues.
If interested, please apply with your updated CV.