A Top International Law Firm are looking for a newly qualified Accountant to train up in their Tax and Accounting Team in London.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and reconciliation of partner's tax reserve accounts in multi currencies
- Ongoing monthly maintenance of Partners' tax reserve accounts and resolving queries where necessary.
- Analyse and post UK tax payments into 3E (the firm's accounting system) and ensure amounts reconcile to tax liability figures
- Maintain schedules of non-UK tax payments and tax liabilities for various jurisdictions, and reconcile to tax assessments (following up with the relevant tax adviser or tax office where relevant);
- Managing the annual cycle of reconciling and paying out partners' tax reserve accounts.
- Reconciling the partnerships Italian partners' tax reserve accounts.
- Reconciling US partners' tax reserve accounts, which includes liaising with the firms US colleagues.
- Calculating and posting deferred tax, corporation tax and other adjustments to the partners' tax reserve accounts.
- Future possibility of working on other tax work.
For this role you need excellent interpersonal skills, ability to think broadly and demonstrate a good level of initiative. Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail is also key.
You will need to be highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, ensuring that deadlines are met.
The Taxation team deal with a great deal of sensitive personal data relating to Partners. The candidate must be capable of dealing with tact and discretion in his/her dealings with Partners and capable of ensuring that the confidentiality of the information is maintained.
If interested, please apply now!