Senior Manager - Business Analyst Team
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
The Role: Senior manager, business analyst team.
The Opportunity: As senior manager, you will be responsible for providing support to the finance group globally, as well as advising on internal controls, systems and fiscal compliance.
You will liaise regularly with other senior personnel to drive business performance through provision of accurate information and insightful analysis, assisting finance teams in existing offices and be involved in new office start-ups.
You will provide strong leadership that drives delivery and innovation in the business analysis team by empowering and developing others. This involves setting strategic direction and priorities whilst managing the tasks and planning for the group.
You will have responsibility for the overall management of the business analysis team including performance reviews with an aim to develop staff to their full potential.
The Firm: A leading international law firm, with a respected reputation and great London offices.
* Understanding client needs, managing expectations and conveying these concepts to the team
* Design and analysis of 3E software improvements. The BA team will 'own' this work to delivery (including the development, testing, UAT and training phases).
* Adapting to change and overcoming obstacles to delivery. Negotiating with others to contribute credibly to discussions at the most senior level of the organisation.
* Competently presenting to an audience either orally or in written materials, with the ability to get a point across whilst listening to others
* Proactively seeking process improvements - including global accounting policies or procedures, as well reporting and use of finance systems.
* Thorough understanding of management and financial accounting principles.
* Ability to understand accounting and tax requirements in different jurisdictions and the impact on the group
* Have in-depth functional and operation knowledge of 3E and Cognos to provide subject matter expertise when necessary to many stakeholders across the business.
* Overall management of the testing cycles for software releases - managing the team and the wider end user community, as well as the actual process including test scripts, issue reporting etc
- Qualified accountant
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a successful team
- High level knowledge/aptitude or finance transactional systems.
- Experience in a group/global finance function, ideally in legal or professional services