Senior Management Accountant - top 10 accountancy practice
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
A top 10 accountancy practice is growing their Sutton based Accounting & Outsourcing business and is in need of an experienced candidate to join their team. You will be part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions across a range of disciplines, according to client needs, from simply preparing annual statutory accounts to a more comprehensive fully bespoke payroll or taxation solution.
- Taking full responsibility for the oversight and maintenance of client accounting records and preparing management accounts for your own portfolio of clients.
- Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to client queries.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for clients, including consolidated accounts and consolidation workings
- Communicating effectively with our offices in other countries to increase cross-referred business.
- Keeping Manager informed of job progress and any issues arising.
- Mentoring, supervising and training junior staff in the team.
- Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive and that they are aware of all other services.
- Liaising with other departments for specialist advice.
- Preparation of HMRC returns.
- Communicating and dealing with clients and colleagues professionally and courteously.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) or equivalent
- Strong organisational and process skills
- Experienced in managing a team and developing the next generation of staff
- Significant experience of the preparation of management accountants and statutory accounts
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel numerical and IT skills
- Have both an accounts and broad tax knowledge base
- Experience of different accounting packages e.g. Sage Line 50, Xero, NetSuite, SAP, BusinessOne, Caseware will be useful
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply with your updated CV.