Senior Legal Cashier
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Legal Cashier- 16 month FTC within a well-recognised, reputable law firm. Their offices are based in the city.
For this position you will be managing day to day transactions for the firm's client and office bank accounts, working closely with the Head of Finance Operations.
- Overseeing the day to day processes for all firm bank accounts, monitoring the treasury team, including client cashier, AP assistant and team administrator to ensure that internal and external deadlines are met, and appropriate approval limits are adhered to. Daily monitoring of the bank reconciliations for all bank accounts, downloading statement information from the online banking system, dealing with any issues and ensuring unreconciled items are dealt with promptly, to include maintaining the out of date un-presented cheques.
- Responsible for producing the month end bank reconciliations for all office and client accounts (GBP and Currency) for presentation to the Head of Finance Operations and for final approval from the Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensuring the smooth running of AP processes, to oversee the AP Assistant and establish an excellent knowledge of the Chrome River systems, to include the import of our travel provider invoices and company credit cards and regular reporting. Ensure that yourself and the team are fully conversant with the firm's expenses policy, budget codes and approvers and that required approval steps are followed for all AP payments, supplier invoices, counsel fees, credit card and expenses.
- Managing the office account balance and transferring between linked deposit account as required.
- Reconciling the float of cash held in the team. Monitoring the petty cash account tin, ensuring that all cash given out is correctly accounted for with an approved claim form and requesting float top ups from Coutts.
- Assisting the Head of Finance Operations with the annual SRA Client Money Audit and general SRA compliance and awareness within the team and wider firm. This will include maintenance of the COFAs Register of Breaches throughout the year.
- Helping the wider team with ad-hoc project work, to include Residual Balance Project and Chrome River Invoice Implementation.
Prior experience working within a similar role in a law firm is essential alongside strong SAR knowledge. If you have the relevant experience- please apply.