A top 20 Law Firm is looking for an experienced Revenue Controller to join the Firm's Finance Support team. Your main responsibility as a Revenue Controller will be to establish relationships to gain knowledge about clients; quickly follow up on billing matters; ensure that the clients are billed promptly and subsequently secure swift payment of invoice review and processing.
Key responsibilities: -
- Dealing with a large portfolio of prestigious clients and liaising with them on a daily basis regarding their debts, predominantly via telephone.
- Supporting a team of partners, taking responsibility for their billing and credit control requirements, and closely monitoring billing and cash collection budgets and targets.
- Attending and reporting on monthly work-in-progress meetings, and advising team members on outcomes.
- Assisting line managers with the preparation of various financial reports on a regular basis, and advising fee earners on fee deals, tariffs and rates using your understanding of recoveries.
- Overseeing the billing for a client, ensuring that bills are prepared and dispatched promptly and feeding back on progress.
- Dealing with all aspects of client queries regarding invoiced fees and any detailed information that may be required.
- Preparing debt reporting statements and liaising with cashier teams on cheque and bank transfers and payments lists.
Key requirements: -
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills to liaise effectively at all levels
- Good knowledge of Excel (including setting up spreadsheets and adding formulas as a minimum knowledge required)
- Strong customer service/ stakeholders management experience
- Confident working with numbers with the ability to reconcile accurately
- Demonstrated use of initiative when problem-solving, including providing innovative solutions to issues and their anticipated responses
- Previous experience within a partnership/fee earning environment
- Legal experience or knowledge of terminology
- Conscientious time-keeping showing flexibility when required
- Experience of Elite 3E or Aderant useful
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.