You will manage departmental revenue from billing time through analysis of aged WIP, ensuring regular reviews of WIP are carried out and carry forward WIP remains current.
You will need to demonstrate both strong technical skills and a confident, concise communication style, liaising regularly with matter partners, collection teams and the revenue manager
The Firm: A global law firm headquartered in London with stunning offices
- Dealing with unbillable WIP, including CFAs.
- Review of CCLs at matter set-up, ensuring specific terms are reflected at set-up in readiness for billing.
- Monitoring levels of client exposure and reporting matter in need of attention to the Revenue Manager.
- Regular review of unbilled time and disbursements in order to identify bills to be raised and supporting efforts to reach billing targets on a monthly basis.
- Regularly review WIP reports to ensure dead matters are closed and unrecoverable time and disbursements are written off.
- Ensure bills identified are raised and finalised on Elite and dispatched in a timely manner, assisting with drafting of related correspondence as needed.
- Ensure relevant SRA Accounts Rules requirements are met by ensuring that monies due to the firm which are held on client account are duly "earmarked".
- Proactively work as a team with other Revenue Controllers to help meet targets and identify opportunities to reduce the working capital of the firm.
- Ensure the firm's policies and procedures are adhered to, specifically the credit policy, ensuring evidence of approvals are maintained for review by internal audit.
- Respond to ad hoc queries from other departments and fee earners in respect of billing and revenue.
- Strong revenue experience gained in a legal partnership or LLP.
- Training and qualifications in accountancy
- Knowledge of SAR and VAT
- Familiar with Elite 3E
- E billing and/or insurance billing advantageous