The Role: Revenue Assistant
The Opportunity: As Revenue assistant, you will assist the revenue controllers to review WIP and reduce debtor days. You will pro-actively support revenue controllers, the collections team and matter partners to help meet targets and identify opportunities to reduce working capital.
The Firm: Leading London law firm with an outstanding reputation
- The production of draft bills for fee earners, the finalisation of bills in the accounting system and ensuring bills are despatched in a timely manner. Assisting with drafting related correspondence as required.
- Regularly reviewing unbilled time and disbursements in order to identify bills to be raised, and supporting efforts to reach billing targets on a monthly basis.
- Regularly review WIP reports to ensure dead matters are closed and unrecoverable time and disbursements are written off.
- Ensure the firm's policies and procedures are adhered to, specifically the credit policy, ensuring evidence of approvals are maintained for review by internal audit.
- Support all initiatives to improve the revenue and billing processes and/or systems as required from time to time.
- Respond to ad hoc queries from other departments and fee earners in respect of billing and revenue.
- Basic revenue experience (a minimum of six months) gained within a legal partnership or LLP environment.
- Thorough understanding of best practice techniques for managing the revenue cycle.
- IT literate, with exposure to Excel and a practice management system, ideally Elite 3E.
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels; tactful and diplomatic in pressurised situations.
- Intellectual credibility and confidence to communicate effectively with staff and clients, providing collaborative support and constructive challenge as appropriate.
- Highly client focused.
- Flexible with regards to working hours.