Research & Reference Specialist
|Location:||West London, London|
|Specialisation:||PA & Business Support|
|Salary:||£32000 - £32500 per annum|
Research and Reference Specialist
£32,500 and Exceptional Benefits
US Law Firm - West London
A highly visible Research and Reference Specialist at a well-established US law firm based in stunning offices in Mayfair!
In this role, the Research and Reference Specialist will work closely with the library and research team to find answers to legal queries by carrying out legal research under tight deadlines. Research and reference services will be provided to the London office and occasionally provide support to international offices.
Research and Reference Specialist Responsibilities:
- Source and retrieve documents from electronic resources, databases or the intranet.
- Use external libraries to source materials when conducting research.
- Carry out press searches using Westlaw, Lexis and online sources.
- Assist with global reference schedule.
- Manage new loose-leaf releases then update loose-leaf journals.
- Manage and order library stock then process invoices.
- Manage external library books but renewing and returning the materials.
- Create research tickets (in Quest), regularly update then close the process.
- Record daily time using InTapp.
- Carry out new joiners inductions, provide information about the library services and allocate passwords for the library database.
- Build a strong knowledge of all global reference and research sources/services.
- Monitor the records of London library book check outs and follow up on missing books.
- Summaries research and reference highlights or activities over the previous month and create a report.
Research and Reference Specialist Skills:
- Experience working in a similar role in a law firm and an understanding of working in professional services.
- Sound knowledge of legal resources and advanced research techniques.
- Fantastic attention to detail and organisational skills are ESSENTIAL.
Please get in touch for more information or to apply to this role.