Purchase Ledger Clerk
* Posting invoices to the accounting system once authorized.
* Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger and the online banking system.
* Reconciliation of supplier statements.
* Preparation and processing BACS payments through the online banking system.
* Marking invoices as paid on the system once they have cleared the bank.
* Posting supplier payments to the Purchase Ledger once they have cleared the bank to assist with the bank reconciliation of the relevant currency
* Assistance with the reconciliation of Purchase Ledger Control Account to the nominal ledger for all currency denominations.
* File invoices, remittance advice slips, supplier statements as appropriate and periodically recommend files for archiving.
* Sort, check and code invoices prior to entry in the accounting system.
* Follow up internal approval for invoices where necessary from heads of departments, and/or matching invoices to purchase orders where appropriate.
* Process invoices into the multi-currency accounting system, and where appropriate matching invoices to purchase orders.