Partner Finance Controller
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£100000 - £130000 per annum|
Partner Finance - Senior Controller
Leading International Law firm
You will take a leading role in developing, implementing, analysing and maintaining the firm's approach to the partners' financial relationship with the firm. This includes the fiscal and statutory requirements together with the provision of information to management and individual partners.
You will take responsibility for:
- Leading and managing change from the outset in bringing together the existing Partners' Affairs and UK tax teams into one team and refocusing the team on efficient delivery.
- Creating a control environment for the Partners' Affairs and Tax team - focussed on improving processes and implementing the necessary changes.
- Proactively participate in challenging and driving performance, driving innovation to improve the partner finance offering.
And ownership of:
- Delivery of partner remuneration - partner payroll, remuneration information provided to partners
- Partner finance accounting processes - driving change and improvements in this area by taking charge of the process; understanding transfer pricing; FX, remuneration, tax payments, tax reserves and other related issues.
- You are not required to be a tax expert - you will drive the changes that the expert teams need to make to ensure a control environment with best in class use of existing systems and processes.
- This will include leading on resource management / strategy within the Partners' Affairs and UK tax team.
- Responsibility for the operational UK tax work for the group including the UK tax returns for group entities and individuals and the UK VAT returns.
- Coaching and managing the team and setting direction to drive upcoming changes in systems and technology. The UK tax team and Partners' Affairs team includes a number of tax qualified professionals and is supported by the International Tax team and external advisers.
- Proactive planning for the newly combined Partners' Affairs and UK tax team to meet objectives, through development and coaching of team members.
- Setting direction for the team and providing senior guidance and support to the Partner Reward Senior Manager and UK Tax Manager in their management of the day to day operations of the team.
- Ensuring adequate resourcing and appropriate structuring of the team with the future in mind, allowing for an agile approach to service delivery whilst upholding quality, accuracy and excellent service levels.
- Reviewing the financial policies, procedures and standards by all offices within the group in relation to partner finance and partner accounting.
- Ensure appropriate standards of financial stewardship across the partner finance balance sheet including appropriate controls, reconciliations and verification.
- Coordinate with the global finance function and local CFOs in regard to partner finance including advising in relation to financial accounting, reporting and budgeting. Provide support, alternative ideas and project assistance/leadership to the wider finance team and support community
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Group Reporting, Head of Finance Systems, Head of Projects and Head of International Tax to ensure integrity of the partner finance systems; ownership of the accounting elements of the
partner finance systems.
- Demonstrate thought leadership.
- Prepare high quality, well thought through financial information and analysis suitable for senior management, the Board, Audit Committee and Equity Committee.
- Plan and manage the year-end process work to produce current account statements for each partner.
Key individual requirements:
- Technically outstanding (IFRS) with relevant finance/accounting knowledge and skills - experience of operating in a global, multi-currency business environment.
- Energetic, motivated and confident manner; able to communicate, influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Strong leadership and team management skills with the ability to train and empower staff.
- Able to set the agenda on adding value through innovative ideas; looking outside the organisation for solutions and changes to keep the role and team content contemporary.
- Hands on role with the ability to delegate as necessary whilst ensuring continuation of excellent service
- Aptitude to find practical, innovative and pragmatic solutions whilst ensuring the integrity of finance is upheld
- Work well under pressure and can effectively multi-task to meet targets and tight deadlines; flexible approach to working practices
- Ability to adapt to, and implement change effectively and enthusiastically
- Confident with technology; ability to ensure partner finance systems are compliant and meet accounting and tax requirements
- Ability to produce high quality documents, opinions, advice papers etc. and actively imparts own knowledge for the good of the firm
- An appropriate professional financial qualification is essential, probably ACA or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience
- Previous business experience in a global organisation required, preferably in a 'head office' or group function
- This is a senior position on which the management are heavily reliant. The role involves regular contact with the Finance Director and CFO, as well as the Firm management team; a highly professional approach is a must.
If you have experience of partner financial control and are open to a new challenge with a top firm, please contact Angela Thomas confidentially at Ambition London - email@example.com