Outsourcing - Associate Manager (12 month FTC)
Outsourcing - Associate Manager
There is an exciting opportunity with a top 10 accountancy practice to join the outsourcing team as an Associate Manager. Your main purpose will be to plan and manage a portfolio of clients and assist in the technical and career development of junior team members.
Clients and relationships
- Look after a portfolio of clients from a wide range of industries including the financial sector
- Arrange staff bookings for undertaking assignments and attendance at clients on a day to day basis to ensure all applicable deadlines are met, also ensuring that the right level of technically qualified staff are booked onto each assignment for the appropriate amount of time
- Assist clients on the setting up and development of internal systems and controls, including implementing suitable accounting software
Team management and development
- Be responsible for the allocation of staff on client work whilst keeping in mind the technical and career development of more junior members of staff
- Contribute and implement ideas for staff motivation and development
- Arrange debriefing sessions and provide feedback on performance and budget with an explanation of any variance
- Manage budgets for client work and have a thorough understanding of the firms billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting and calculation of recovery rates
- Prepare draft bills for the senior managers / partners on a regular basis and keep the Outsourcing client billing information up to date
- Professional qualifications (ACA / ACCA or equivalent) is desirable or qualified by experience
- Relevant experience, gained in a similar manager role - ideally from practice environment
- Solid accountancy experience required
- Have knowledge of international and trade practises, including foreign currency, VAT and employment
- Good understanding of accountancy software packages and other accounting solutions.
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Good team member who can encourage and support staff of all levels
- Able to develop and bring on junior members of staff
- Basic understanding of billing system
- Experience of preparing quotes and proposals for new work
If this is of interest, please apply with an updated CV.