Exciting opportunity to join Top International Law Firm in their large finance team, as part of the cashiering department as a Legal Cashier on a 7-month contract. Reporting into the Chief Cashier, you will be taking a lead role in the on-going review of client residual balances with consideration to SRA Rule 14.
Key responsibilities include;
- Reviewing the firms' client accounts for funds received and informing the related fee earner promptly, before recording the receipt on the appropriate ledger in accordance with SRA.
- Processing client account payment requests via Telegraphic Transfer and cheque, promptly and accurately in accordance with SRA.
- Processing requests to transfer client funds in settlement of the firm's fees in accordance with SRA Rule 17.
- Reviewing the firm's bills account and accurately allocating funds to settle our fees.
- The processing of employee expenses.
- The recording of Counsel and Professional disbursements for the purposes of billing and the subsequent payments required in accordance with SRA.
- The recording and payment of the Firms supplier invoices with consideration to VAT and the firms authority levels.
- Other projects include the review of credit disbursements and the maintenance of the Firms Central Register of Accounts.
Key skills needed include:
- At least two years' experience within a legal cashiering position.
- Experience of Elite Enterprise preferred although Aderant or Elite 3e will be considered
- Strong knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Confident communication skills and a proactive approach to work.
If this sounds like you - apply today!