An international law firm is looking for a Legal Cashier to join the Firm's Finance team. Your main responsibility will be to support the Senior Legal Cashier and other members of the Cashiering team in all aspects of day to day cashiering.
Key responsibilities: -
- Posting of Client and Office Receipts
- Making Client and Office Payment by Chaps or Cheque
- Ensuring information is recorded and filed correctly
- Liaising with other offices to answer any queries and provide support to Fee Earners
- Ensuring Deposit Interest is paid on each matter when due
- Ensuring the SAR rules are complied with
- Ensuring timetables and deadlines are met
- Ability to work with multi-currency
- Liaison with the firm's bankers in relation to bank account maintenance (new accounts, closed accounts) and transaction processing
- Dealing with Client to Office Transfers and Bank Reconciliation's daily
- Quarterly Deposit Interest Run.
- Petty cash, accounting, & foreign currency.
- Daily Bank Reconciliations.
Key requirements: -
- GCSE Grade C in English and Maths
- Basic Book-Keeping knowledge
- Previous legal cashiering experience
- Thorough approach to complying with processes and authorisations
- Proven ability to work within a busy environment and meet frequent deadlines
- IT literate with a knowledge of CMS Open and Excel preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Experience in Elite or Aderant preferred