A highly ranked independent Law Firm is looking for a Legal Cashier to join their Finance team. Your main responsibility will be to operate the day to day transactions of our main client account and to keep the Supervisor and Manager updated on tasks as relevant.
Key responsibilities: -
- Operating the daily banking transactions for the firm's main client account, regularly monitoring the account via online banking and internal requests to ensure that all payments and receipts are dealt with in a timely manner
- Responsibility for keeping client ledgers up to date, posting all payments, receipts and transfers the same day and in time to make daily transfer of funds between the main client account and the interest bearing composite client account
- Taking instructions in relation to placing client funds on money market deposit accounts, liaising with our bankers and internal clients with regards to interest rates and renewal dates. Ensuring clients ledgers are kept up to date at all times
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations
- Working on various residual balance projects
- Calculating interest on clients' accounts as required and making a daily transfer between our office account and client account
- Distributing a fortnightly report in relation to non-earmarked client account balances
Key requirements: -
- Knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Experience of working with systems such as Aderant or Elite
- At least two years' experience in a legal cashier role
- Qualified to GCSE standard, grade C (or equivalent) at Mathematics and English
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.