|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
Working as part of the Cashiering team, you will be covering a maternity leave and be on hand to help provide a highly effective and efficient Financial Operations service.
Duties in this role include:
- Supporting UK offices, ensuring compliance with firm's policy and SRA
- Accurate and timely processing of day to day transactions through firm's office and client accounts, including entering/authorising payments on the banking system, posting payments/receipts and registering disbursement vouchers
- Daily review/allocation of bank statement entries and outstanding unidentified receipt
- Processing client to office transfers in line with jurisdictional Law Society rules and regulations
- Management of firm's various fee/settlement funds in line with client, market and regulatory requirements
- Performing client interest calculations
- Reconciliation and posting of bulk receipts against billing bordereaux, to ensure the immediate identification of mixed receipts
- Liaising with Credit Control to ensure prompt identification of unallocated office receipts
- Processing of daily disbursement payment runs and other urgent office payments for all jurisdictions
- Tracking and writing back of uncashed office cheques as required by firm's policy
- Processing of disbursement to GL journals
- Sample checking and payment of weekly staff expenses via Chrome River Expense
- Managing disbursement ledgers to clear credit balances and unpaid disbursements
- Processing vouchers, reconciling supplier statements
- Checking and posting very high volume of professional disbursements to correct disbursement type codes, to ensure accurate onward billing in compliance with jurisdictional Revenue tax requirements
- Checking of AP invoices, managing approval via PO system through to posting in to firm's finance system
- Managing firm's monthly AP run, providing weekly reports in preparation of weekly management meetings
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to maintain an accurate creditors ledger.
To be successful in your application you will need to have previous experience working in a law firm as a legal cashier, and ideally have exposure of Chrome River, Elite Enterprise/ Aderant/ Elite 3e or similar.