Are you an experienced legal cashier looking for your next opportunity? A fantastic role has become available to join their close knit finance team, working on all duties across legal cashiering on a 6-month contract basis.
This role has been created due to increase headcount across the firm at fee earner level, and the finance team are keen to for extra pair of hands to support the finance team with their increased work load.
As the legal cashier you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the main transactional accounts via Barclays on line banking system (Dotnet) identifying and dealing with incoming funds on a timely basis
- Keying electronic payments on Dotnet (Chaps,BACS & International payments)
- Pro-actively chasing fee earners/partners for paperwork for unposted receipts .
- Produce bank reconciliations for the firms main transactional accounts (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Post client to client transfers to transfer funds between matters
- Transfer of funds from and to the firms various banking institutions
- Open, close and deal with transfers of funds on money market and designated deposit accounts
- Administer and deal with transactions that go through the firms offshore bank accounts
- Reconcile designated deposits and post quarterly interest
- Produce and review reports detailing NYP disbursements to be paid out ensuring
compliance with SAR when cover is needed
- Identify faster payments, BACS and CHAPS receipts which are in regard to costs and
produce the required slips
- Ensure all cheques are drawn and to meet firms deadlines
- Ensure all cheques are banked and to meet the firms deadlines
- Check and post client to office transfers
- Check and post client to disbursement transfers
To be successful in your application, you will need to be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and have a few years of Legal Cashiering experience using Aderant.
Aderant and Barclays online banking systems are main areas of focus for this search. The team is extremely busy and they need someone in this role asap so long notice periods cannot be considered.
If you want to join a collaborate, friendly but hard working team, apply now.