|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||Up to £30000.00 per annum|
A large law firm is looking for a Legal Biller to join their Finance team. Your main responsibility will be contributing to the effectiveness of the Finance department by providing a comprehensive and efficient service to internal and external clients in order that the business objectives of the firm and the department are achieved.
- Providing a comprehensive billing service
- Ensuring that fee earners fully comply with comprehensive time recording policies and registering all disbursements to ensure accurate defence costs MI
- Tracking and chasing incomplete time entries
- Producing and circulating WIP reports as required (at least monthly)
- Proactively engaging fee earners to ensure prompt billing to minimise WIP lockup
- Checking charge rates and ensuring compliance with client service level agreements (SLAs)
- Proactively liaising with the Financial Operations Database team to ensure the accounting system contains complete and up to date billing information in line with current SLAs
- Maintaining matter budgets and resolving billing related issues, to avoid delays to revenue cycle
- Drafting interim and final bills as requested (in accordance with SLA), ensuring complete and accurate billing information
- Responding to all queries and requests in a timely and efficient manner, referring complex and contentious issues to the Assistant Billing Manager
- Commitment to delivering a professional service to the highest standards with a strong focus on client service
- Self-motivated, proactive and strong team member
- Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Strong ability to develop knowledge through practical experience
- Working knowledge of legal billing cycles and WIP
- Knowledge of SRA accounts rules and VAT Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a confident telephone manner and strong writing skills
- Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ideally a working knowledge of Elite 3E or similar financial systems
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.