International Tax Manager
International Tax Manager - (12 month FTC maternity cover)
The Firm: Award Winning Top 10 international Law firm based near main line train station. Stunning offices and forward thinking firm that invests heavily in their internal technology.
The Role: Responsible for managing the non-UK tax reserves for the partners globally with direct line management for the other two tax expert (one assistant and one consultant level). Management of withholding tax issues on intercompany & client transactions and involvement in key projects such as reorganisations and tax structuring related modelling.
- Management of all non-UK partner tax reserve balances, delegating work to other team members as appropriate, with responsibility for:
- Establishment, ongoing maintenance and revaluation of tax reserves balances held in foreign currencies.
- Liaising with the firm's finance teams globally to reconcile and ensure accurate posting of international tax payments.
- Liaising with international offices, tax authorities and individual partners as necessary to arrange payments/refunds in respect of any residual balances.
- On-going review and reconciliation of individual partner international tax reserves, including processing of any necessary adjustments,
- Management of withholding tax matters, with responsibility for both internal and client withholding tax queries, liaising with clients, partners, other fee earners, and finance teams globally, as required ensuring financial loss through irrecoverable withholding taxes is minimised.
- Management of international deferred tax calculations (e.g. Italy, Spain, Australia, etc) to ensure that the correct equity adjustments are made.
- Management of the annual UK DTR claims for the UK resident partners in relation to the valve territories, together with subsequent revisions as necessary following amendments to non-UK tax liabilities.
- Management of tax compliance matters, in conjunction with the local office and global finance teams for several territories, including Australia.
- Involvement in yearend work processes, including management of the tax charge disclosure, total tax contribution, and Country by Country Reporting work alongside the tax equalisation work.
They are looking for a fully qualified accountant with extensive partner tax experience who has previous experience management a team. You must be a team player, with the ability to build strong relationships with partners, finance teams globally and external advisers. Proven ability to provide a high level of 'client service' and be willing to travel to London and further afield.