International Tax Consultant
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£58000.00 - £63000.00 per annum + benefits|
International Tax Consultant - London - Magic Circle Law Firm
Responsible for the management of the international tax compliance affairs of both the firm, and the individual partners, for around half of the territories in which the firm operates on both an accurate and timely basis, including accounting for tax reserves and tax payments.
You will also be involved in ad hoc international tax projects such as tax equalisation schemes, transfer pricing, deferred tax calculations, and structure related modelling.
Role and responsibilities
- Liaising with international offices and external advisers to provide data for completion of tax returns
and individual partners and subsequent review of returns, ensuring all filing deadlines are met.
- Attending meetings with global finance managers and external advisers as necessary - some international travel will be required.
- Involvement in annual budgeting process including tax equalisation and cash flow calculations.
- Advising individual partners on their non UK tax affairs.
- Handling internal and client withholding tax queries & liaising with global finance teams.
- Preparing Double Tax Relief (DTR) calculations for annual UK tax return filings for individual partners.
- Advising on ad hoc structuring projects/new office setups.
- Liaising with finance teams globally to reconcile and ensure accurate posting of international tax payments.
- Involvement in year-end work processes, including setup of international tax reserves, tax equalisation calculations, accounts disclosure and account reconciliations.
- Ongoing management of individual partner international tax reserves including foreign currency aspects, reconciliation and subsequent clearout.
- Involvement in other ad hoc projects as necessary, including BEPS related work such as transfer pricing, permanent establishment review etc.
- You will be a qualified accountant with a particular interest in International Tax.
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with staff based in other offices such as other members of the Partners' tax team based in London, and international offices, as well as external advisers.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, commitment to "getting the job done".
- Able to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a team and contribute to the development of more junior staff.
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, including knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word and the ability to adapt to using unfamiliar software packages. Particular emphasis is placed on experience of Excel.
- Strong time management skills - ability to multi-task, prioritise, manage and critically review large volumes of data.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of 'client service'.
To discuss this role in more detail, or apply, please contact Angela Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org