Head of Finance
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£85000.00 - £95000.00 per annum|
An International law firm are seeking for a Head of Finance for their consultancy services arm of the business. This bolt on part of the law firm is hugely profitable and was one of the first of its kind within the legal sector.
As the Head of Finance for this innovative part of the business, you will be primarily responsible for all the financial management and development and implementation of strategic planning. Working closely with the partners and managers within the business as a whole, would will be working towards improving profitability and delivering high quality client solutions and best practice.
Key responsibilities include Strategic Business Partnering, Financial Management and Operational activities.
- Partner with the group head to develop, implement and review the global strategy and budget.
- Regularly report on the comparison of the budget, results achieved and whether performance measures are being met.
- Identify business trends and advocate pro-active responses, including supporting business cases for partner candidates, utilisation to match forecast needs etc.
- Provide financial and strategic advice regarding productivity and efficiency opportunities to enable the practice group to undertake profit improvement opportunities.
- Provide insightful financial analysis drawing on trends, comparisons to budget and differences between regions.
- Develop and implement procedures to analyse the profitability of clients, matters and pitches.
- Monitor short and long term financial performance including WIP and debt management and developing strategies for dealing with issues.
- Identify, monitor and maximise drivers of profit and cash flow.
- Review operating results and complete variance analytics by region and by practice.
- Lead the budgeting and planning cycle.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to monitor utilisation and take action when required.
- Regularly review work practices and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources within the practice group's control.
- Ability to identify profit generating drivers and opportunities
- Ability to identify and manage commercial risk
- Ensure the consistent maintenance of operational processes and performance improvement initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritise
- Strong leadership skills and able to influence change
You are required to have previous experience in senior legal sector with a minimum 8 years' experience including general management and CPA/CA qualifications.
If you are interested, please apply today!