Head of Business Finance
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
A commercial Head of Business Finance role has arisen is a top 15 global law firm based in London. This role is a senior, strategic business partnering role where you have the opportunity to make a real difference to the firm.
As the Head of Business Finance, you will partner with executives to maximise performance and bring together regional financial information and trends to improve and enhance global strategic thinking. You will work with Partners and Directors to develop, implement and review the global strategy and budget, reporting on comparison to budget, results achieved and whether performance measures are being met.
Further responsibilities include -
- Provide financial and strategic advice regarding financial performance, productivity and efficiency opportunities
- Provide creative and strategic thinking around pricing of products to help secure new matters
- Develop and implement procedures to analyse the profitability of clients, matters and pitches
- Identify, monitor and maximise drivers of profit and cash flow
- Lead the budgeting and planning cycle
- Support the development of business cases
- Collaborate with Human Resources to monitor utilisation and take action when required.
- Collaborate with Business Development to support the implementation of key business development initiatives
To be successful in this Head of Business Finance role you must have significant experience of being within a senior Business Partnering role, ideally within a law firm, where you have responsibility for all aspects of Profit & Loss. You must demonstrate influencing skills as well as demonstrating experience of -
- Business partnering with a Senior Executive team or Board
- Identifying profit drivers and improvement opportunities through the analysis of P&L
- Managing significant change within their area of responsibility
- Assuring quality and consistency in operational processes and implementing process or performance improvement initiatives
Due to the nature of the role you must have excellent communication skills where you are able to energise those around them, bring perspective and a constructive approach and act decisively. You must be passionate about the overall client experience where you are always acting with the firm's client in mind and develop solutions that balance client needs and the sustainable profitability of the firm.