Group Financial Accountant
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£55000 - £64000 per annum|
Group Financial Accountant - Fixed Term Contract 12-month maternity cover
As the Group Financial Accountant, you are responsible for providing high quality financial information to be used internally and externally. You will also be assisting in driving the business forward and implementing changes within the standards across the finance function by acting as an adviser to the global function. Key relationships within the firm include senior finance management, wider global finance team, and the firm's global accounting network.
- Assist on financial accounting projects, including reviewing the year end process, documenting financial accounting changes, implementing (for the global group) IFRS/ other accounting changes.
- Producing financial information reports and analysis for the management team on request
- Working with the management team on finance and business projects, including the development of ideas and delivery to meet business needs, preparation of business plans for the (potential) opening of new offices as well as strategic planning for existing business units.
- Developing an understanding of complex accounting and fiscal requirements for different territories, including partner accounting, integration of local and group accounting policy and compliance.
- Participate in system/process upgrade projects, including testing, training and documentation.
- Consider, suggest and set up working procedures and governance for team activities/tasks
- Assistance in the group financial year consolidation and close, including producing annual financial accounts for UK subsidiaries and assisting with preparation of group schedules for audit.
- Assist with month end group consolidation, reporting and other regular activities as required
- Assist with annual budget process and financial accounting processes at the consolidation level.
- Strong financial and management accounting experience ideally within professional services
- Experience in the setting up, documenting and creating of controls for team processes and procedures.
- An individual who is proven to be self-motivated with the ability to use their initiative to work autonomously to meet their deadlines.
- The ability to strive under pressure and demonstrate a flexible approach to the job as tight deadlines are mixed with last minute ad hoc tasks for management.
- Excellent understanding of financial/management information systems and group structures.
- Ability to train other finance department members globally.
Qualifications/ experience required:
- A member of recognised accounting body as a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with significant post qualification experience.
- Experience in a finance function in an international environment is at an ideal advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please apply!