|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
Fully qualified accountant needed for a 12-month contract Group Accountant position in top international law firm.
As the Group Accountant, you will be supporting the Group Reporting Manager in the preparation of the group consolidated accounts and coordinating the statutory audit and will work closely with the firm's auditors (PwC).
Main duties include:
- Yearend planning, preparation & GL review.
- Preparation, publication and review of reporting package for all offices to Head Office.
- Timetable management of the group's statutory audit between auditors, Head Office Finance colleagues and international offices.
- Coordination of audit requests, ensuring audit deliverables are correctly allocated, provided timely, of required quality and explanations provided.
- Group Consolidation (in Excel) of approx. 25 ledgers
- Preparation of the firm's consolidated statutory accounts and subsidiary LLP and company accounts, including preparation of all statutory notes and disclosures.
- Preparation, review and commentary on items of analysis to support audit sign off.
- Preparation and finalisation of all yearend entries and eliminations, posting final entries into ledgers, ledger reconciliation and close.
- Preparation of the firm's submission to PwC Annual Law Firm's Survey including preparation of financials for certain sections; review and collation of all sections.
- Management accounting - assist/review the timetable preparation and co-ordination
and assist in preparation of P&L commentary
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual metrics for analysis of partner, practice group and regional performance during annual partner performance review.
- Preparation and reporting to partners of lockup metrics
- Cashflow/Treasury management - assist/review cashflow forecasting and covenant reporting to bank
Experience needed includes:
Strong financial accounting experience and group consolidation exposure across a large number of global entities essential. Experience working with auditors and working on year end statutory accountants will also be needed. Previous law firm exposure not essential but you will need to hold an accountancy qualification.