Financial Reporting Manager (Thames Valley - Reading)
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£52000 - £58000 per annum|
The Outsourcing team of a top 10 accountancy practice is currently building out their Reading practice and are in need of experienced managers to take on the role of Financial Reporting manager where they will be managing complex financial reporting assignments/projects.
- Manage a portfolio of complex financial reporting clients from a wide range of industries including the financial sector
- Show evidence of up to date awareness and understanding of: corporation tax, income tax, VAT, PAYE, company secretarial procedures and applications in practice
- Review financial statements prepared by junior members of the team to ensure that they meet statutory requirements (Companies Act 2006 and various GAAP)
- Where appropriate, have specific industry knowledge to be able to identify potential problems or areas of risk
- Assist the senior managers and partners with the client relationship management in relation to these clients
- Arrange staff bookings for undertaking assignments and attendance at clients on a day to day basis to ensure all applicable deadlines are met
- Plan and review the progress of client work and ensure high level of client service and satisfaction
- Assist clients with ad hoc questions in relation to technical accounting matters including the interpretation of results
- Be responsible for the allocation of staff on client work whilst keeping in mind the technical and career development of more junior members of staff
- Assume responsibility for junior staff on matters regarding client dealings, all internal/external face to face and telephone communications, written work and ensure they meet the highest professional standards
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent)
- You will have relevant experience, gained in a similar manager role - ideally from practice environment
- You will have solid knowledge of FRS 102, FRS 101 and IFRS (EU) and a good understanding of financial reporting software packages (preferably Caseware) and other accounting solutions.
- Have a good working knowledge of the main taxes affecting clients
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Good understanding of billing system
Please apply immediately with your updated CV if this role is of interest.