Financial Reporting Manager
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
Fantastic law firm looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to cover a 12-month maternity contract. As the Financial Reporting Manager, would will be working alongside a team of 20, which are a combination of accountants and tax specialists., ensuring the firms month end accounting process runs smoothly and provide financial accounting support to the central accounting function and offices globally.
Working directly with two financial accountants, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the finance systems support team to ensure changes and updates are correct and test as and when required.
- Support for IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 implementation:
- The firm must report under two new accounting standards this year, IFRS 9 and IFRS 15. Continue the work that is being undertaken to ensure we have the correct system enhancements and correct accounting disclosures in the firms IFRS accounts.
- Work closely with the Global Shared Service Centre to ensure the interoffice accounts and international support costs are reconciled.
- Liaise with global offices where there are reconciling differences.
- Oversee the central monthly accruals and prepayments and ensure the central department budget holders approve their monthly costs.
- The year-end Accounts production (Group accounts under IFRS and under the Partnership Agreement):
- Involvement in preparatory work for the year end consolidate accounts.
- Liaising with external auditors and handling audit queries.
Key requirements for the role:
- Strong user of Excel and up to date with new IFRS regulations
- Be able to manage local and group accounts, including multiple entities so must have large global consolidation experience
- Hold an accountancy qualification
- Profession services background ideal but open to someone from a large, global firm background
- Must have proven experience dealing with a variety of stakeholders, including finance systems team and external auditors