Financial Planning & Analysis Assistant
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£25000 - £28000 per annum|
An international law firm is looking for an ambitious Financial Planning and Analysis Assistant to join their Finance team. This role will consist of Budgeting and Forecasting where you will assist the review of fee income and produce office and group reports. There will also be an element of Working Capital Management where you will produce monthly WIP and lock up analysis and graphs.
- Assist with the preparation of Hyperion (PBCS) for use in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Assist with the review of fee income, headcount, expenditure and capex budgets submitted by Country Finance Managers.
- Produce Office and Practice Group reports for review meetings and other ad hoc reporting.
- Prepare monthly budget forecasting reports (Rolling Forecast).
- Assist the FP&A team with ad hoc budget and forecast tasks.
- Prepare fee earner budgets.
- Produce monthly WIP and lock up analysis and graphs
- Assist with the preparation of reports for use in monthly country business reviews
- Prepare the weekly group exposure and debt summary reports
- Assist the International Working Capital Manager with ad hoc tasks
- Prepare cash collection target reports
- Prepare outstanding debt reports
- Provide support and assistance to the wider Group Accounting team
- Provide support and assistance to non-UK finance and non-finance personnel as required
- Provide support on ad hoc projects
- Other ad hoc tasks that may vary in both nature and duration
- Excellent MS Excel skills and knowledge of other MS applications. Must quickly demonstrate an aptitude for using Excel for effective analysis and reporting.
- Experience within the professional services industry, ideally legal, is desirable.
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and presentable.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
- Ability to stay calm in demanding situations.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Ability to work as a team member and proven ability to work on own initiative.