Financial Modelling Manager/Senior Manager - Energy
A fast-growing Financial Modelling team is looking for a specialist Modeller in Energy/Natural Resources at the Manager/Senior Manager level.
The team provides Financial Modelling services to clients across the range of Advisory services and with the energy and natural resources/power sector being a key area of growth for the team they're now looking for an accomplished Modeller with experience in the field to join them. The team is responsible for building, reviewing and amending models with the majority of work performed in Excel, with some use of other progammes.
As a Manager/Senior Manager, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of Modelling projects and for the execution of more complex assignments. You can expect to work closely with clients as well as supporting the Director in planning and leading Modelling projects. Your role will also be to drive team growth and the pipeline of business. You will be pro-active in helping to raise the profile of the team in the market as well as to help build the knowledge within the team.
Day to day you can expect to be doing the following:
- Reviewing and executing Modelling work, predominently within the Energy and Natural Resources/Power sector
- Reviewing Financial Models built by clients and/or their advisors and feeding back findings; assisting in the design or development of these Models
- Reviewing the Models of team members, providing feedback and guidance to ensure a high level of technical execution and compliance
- Preparing Model user guide documents and specification
- An ability to understand the results of Models and participate in meaningful discussion about potential consequences
- Ad hoc contribution to FDD/VDD
- Reviewing Model scoping papers and engagement letters
- Delivering work in line with approved budgets
You will be an accomplished Modeller with a minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar environment, and with proven experience in the Energy and Power sectors. You will have had both transactional and non-transactional Financial Modelling experience and you should have a strong understanding of the UK Power market. Those with experience in other utility businesses (e.g. water) and/or upstream/oil, gas and mining will also be of interest.
This is a unique opportunity with genuine prospects for developing yourself and your career as the team grows. The firm as a whole is incredibly encouraging when it comes to career development and has a very friendly, supportive and inclusive culture.
To find out more or apply, contact Heather Benson-West on 0207 430 7231 / email@example.com