A leading international legal practice is looking for a committed Financial Controller in a senior position who will be able to join and add value to a world class Finance department helping to produce information and build relationships with Partners and other decision-makers in the firm and advise on what the best course of action would be.
You will be the key point of contact between the Finance department, practice groups and the London support departments. In addition to this, you will be monitoring the financial service provided by their shared service centre (SSC), identifying opportunities for improvement and will be responsible for the Cashiering team.
Key responsibilities: -
- Be an active member of the London Senior Finance Management team; participate in setting the strategy for the function, operational decision making and influencing discussions
- Identify and jointly develop solutions for possible service enhancements
- Interpret client needs, determining priorities and managing expectations by building collaborative relationships and sharing insight into discussions and planning
- Review and analyse the monthly UK management accounts, pursuing and rectifying issues and working with other support functions.
- Ensure complete and accurate accounting records for the London business, in accordance with IFRS, group accounting policies / procedures through the service delivered by the SSC management accounting team.
- Review accounting from the SSC of client volume discount arrangements.
- Prepare / update the budget, 5-year business plan, investment plan and equity planning model for the UK.
- Review UK statutory accounting requirements for c.20 accounting units produced by the SSC
Key requirements: -
- Qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Five years or more experience in a management role in a leading company/firm. Experience of a partnership environment would be very advantageous
- Commercial outlook essential
- Outstanding interpersonal and management skills including, coaching, development and mentoring
- Occasional travel required
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.