|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
Senior Controller - US Law Firm
As the firm has now matured, the Partners would like to hire an enthusiastic and experienced controller who can build their career there.
- Transition from external management of the operational finance team (currently 4 UK resources).
- Manage the firm's finance processes in accordance with UK Solicitor' Accounts Rules
- Manage the annual UK statutory audit and client account audit.
- Manage the firm's banking relationships.
- Manage the firm's US 401(k) and cash balance pension plans ensuring accuracy of census and compliance with regulations.
- Manage the relationship with the firm's Tax Advisors to ensure that local tax reporting requirements are met globally and in a timely manner.
Reporting & Budgeting:
- Prepare the financial statements for the UK LLP, in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts and associated commentary.
- Monitor firm time recording, cash position, Aged WIP and Aged Receivables, taking action to ensure firm lock-up is minimised.
- Maintain Cashflow forecasts for the firm.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis to support decision making for the Management Team.
- Preparation of Partner Distribution Schedules and Statements
- Prepare the annual budget for the fir
- Approve bank payments and client to office transfers
- Review and approve all firm and client account bank reconciliations
- Oversee payroll in each office location, ensuring taxes and benefits are properly reported
- Ensure transactions are processed in accordance with UK Solicitor's Accounts Rules.
- Review UK and French VAT returns prior to submission.
- Maintain balance sheet monthly reconciliation processes.
- Run the monthly cost line review meeting and initiate actions.
- Review all manual journals prior to posting (accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, WIP adjustments)
- Maintaining Partner current accounts and tax reserve reconciliations.
- Respond to accounting, tax, VAT, Solicitor's Accounts Rules and other finance queries.
- Responsible for the firm's Practice Management System (Aderant).
- Qualified Accountant with at least 10 year's finance experience.
- Experience of operating finance processes in accordance with UK Solicitor's Accounts Rules
- Strong understanding of LLP accounting.
- Previous experience of operating internationally.
- Excellent communication skills, gravitas and professionalism.
- Flexible team player, capable of delivering excellent work in a fast paced international environment.
- High level of attention to detail, sound judgment, and logical decision making with a hands-on approach.
- Excellent excel skills and a solid understanding of accounting software principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated leadership potential.
- Ability to distil complex issues into succinct and actionable narratives for the firm's Management Team, partners and employees.
- Proficient at analysing financial and operational data and preparing analysis for executive consumption.
- Commitment to ensuring fiscal integrity and ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive way.
If you are interested in a senior finance role where you have the opportunity to develop and grow with your business, then please apply today.